Tuesday, December 2, 2014

WEEK # 69
WEEK #69
HELLO AGAIN!

Another week down and the time just doesn't stop flying. I feel like just yesterday I was writing my last email and all the weeks are blurring together.

As for Castellón, it's doing great. I really love it here. The work moves forward every day. Hermana Solos and I work hard together and we are always focused on what we're doing (when were not telling jokes and dying laughing). She is great and she is so quirky and fun. MIRACLE: Jonathan came to church this week. He walked in with a white shirt and tie and everything! It was so awesome. And he just kept saying "I'm flippìng out, everyone is just so nice and I just feel so good". After he said that he had found his family. It was so awesome! His baptism is going to be in the first week of December we hope. There are some complications with stake conference but he will be baptized soon. Let's just hope I don't randomly get transferred for my last transfer and miss his baptism! But he really is a miracle. He has done a complete 360 and you wouldn't even recognize him from before. Its incredible how much the gospel and finding faith has changed his life. We're working hard...Time may be flying fast, but I'm working harder than ever.


Hermana Barker, Maria Cristian who is leaving soon to serve a mission in England, and Hermana Solos, my companion.

Also this week we had the amazing opportunity to hear from Elder Quentin L. Cook of the 12. He came for a stake conference in Barcelona and we were invited to a special conference for all the missionaries. It was incredible. And my favorite part was that he was so normal. He was telling jokes and laughing and it just made me remember that they are just normal people like us. It was a very spiritual experience. The most spiritual part for me was when he said, "Because of the sacredness of my experiences, I won't tell you about them, but I will tell you that I am a witness of Jesus Christ. I KNOW He lives and that He is the head of this church." At that moment I knew that he had experienced very sacred and incredible things and that he truly is a disciple of God. It was incredible. 

Truth is I'm sitting here sweating and tired after a long day of sports with the zone and my brain is slowly shutting down...good thing I have another 3 hours to work right? haha but I really don't know what else I got for you all. I am loving every minute of the mission. Of course I'm sad to pass another Christmas here without my family, but don't worry. I have my Spain family with me. That is sooo awesome that you are inviting the sisters over for Thanksgiving. A woman named Wendy invited us over for a real American Thanksgiving. She's so cute and sooo much fun! She lived in Utah for a little bit and has some of the cutest kids I have ever seen. She's hilarious and has been a really special part of my time here in Castellón. We are definitely spoiled here. I really hope I get to pass Christmas here. I would be sad to leave now. But I'll go where The Lord wants me to go...right?

Love you all. Don't worry about me, I'm doing great! Keep being the most amazing family ever and keep Jonathan in your prayers! LOVE YOU!!!

Con amor,
Hermana Barker

On P-day last week we went exploring abandoned houses!
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment