Tuesday, December 2, 2014

WEEK # 70
HI!!

It looks like all of you have been busy this week with Thanksgiving and family get togethers! So fun! I can't believe that November is already over though. If December goes just as fast, I might cry! The table looks incredible mom!! Seriously beautiful! And you did it?? Superwoman! I can't wait to see the house...truth is I'm forgetting small details...like the color of our front door, but no worries. You better leave the Christmas decorations up as long as possible...aka until I get home :) I can't believe that Mason was blessed! How special. It's crazy to think that all this is going on and I feel like real life is on pause. Sometimes I forget that you all are still moving and living life, Sorry! It makes me happy though to hear that all is well and everyone is safe and happy. I couldn't ask for a bigger blessing in my life right now.

 As for Thanksgiving, it was great! Wendy and Herlan (a couple from the ward) invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner. She said she wanted to make the Americans feel special. It was super cute. We ate well and we shared what we were thankful for. We made apple cider and the Elders made Apple pie. We had a lot of fun and I was very grateful for Wendy and Herlan and their love and desire to make us feel special and at home. It was a very special day. Also as thanksgiving was passing, I was very grateful for the family that I have. The more time I spend away and with other families, the more I realize how amazing my family really is. Thank you for always supporting me in my dreams and goals. Thank you for always loving me even when I was difficult (which I still am by the way :) Most of all, THANK YOU for being the best family anyone could ever ask for. For raising me in this gospel and helping me find my faith in God.

Our American Thanksgiving Dinner made by Wendy and Herlan
Hermana Solos, Hermana Barker, Prescilla who is going on a mission in January, and Wendy
Wendy and Herlan
 Well the rest of the week was a little more difficult than usual because it was raining. Here they don't like the rain at all. The minute it starts raining no one leaves their houses....so as a result, we had lots of fired citas and lots of walking in the rain to do. We somehow always find fun things to do though so it wasn't too bad. Jonathan is officially set for the 12 of December to be baptized! He is changing more and more every day and it's incredible what the gospel has done for him. He even wrote a song about his change and the Mormons.

 Every email I write I panic a little more because I realize that it's down to one of my last emails...the time is just flying by. We have transfers next week and if I get transferred for whatever reason, I will cry haha. There is nowhere else that I want to spend Christmas than right here in Castellón. (or maybe Martorell). We will see what happens though. It's amazing how much is still happening here in Castellón every day. We are seeing more and more miracles every day.

Story of the week isn't a miracle but its a small tender mercy that the Lord gave me this week:
Juan Carlos (the recent convert) is so amazing. Every day he is more clean and more prepared. He is working towards receiving the Priesthood right now and he is really fighting against the temptations of the world. Anyway, he is just so cute and sooooo happy and nice. Every prayer he says, he mentions his "angels". His prayer this week really touched me when he said, "Padre gracias por mis angeles. ¿Que tienes allí? ¿Una escuela de angeles?" (translation: Father thank you for my angels. What do you have up there? A school of angels?) And then he just laughed and kept going with his prayer. It was SO cute haha. He really has made an incredible change both inside and out. He looks cleaner and dresses nicer and is always willing to help with everything. He is the type of person that makes the hard days worth it.

Well truth is I really don't have much else for you. I'm happy as always. It doesn't even feel like the time is going until I sit and think about it. I miss you all, but not enough to end yet haha. I hope this week brings blessings and love in every minute. I want to challenge all of you, just like dad challenged me, to do something in this last 6 weeks that will be worth sharing when I get home. Give a gift of the gospel for Christmas, or share your testimony of the family with a friend. LOVE YOU ALL!!

Elder Westfall and I have both worn out the soles of our shoes
con amor,
Hermana Barker

ps did the missionaries end up coming over for thanksgiving??

 pps what color is masons room??

No comments:

Post a Comment