Monday, January 12, 2015

ADIOS ESPANA ... I WILL TRULY MISS YOU

Week #76

What a weird moment to think that after 18 months I am finally going to be face to face with you all again very soon. The week hasn't even started and I have already cried a few times. This week is going to be full of tears, but happy tears to see everyone again as well. It still feels unreal to thinK that you all are going to be here so soon. I can't really wrap my head around it and I probably won't until Im at home after a few weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself without the stresses of the mission. 

I don't really know what to say on my last email...I kinda feel like I'm trying to write an obituary for when I die haha. But I guess what I really want to say is thank you to everyone. Thank you for the cards and emails and pictures and just all the prayers that have been said on my behalf in the last year and a half. I know I wouldn't have been able to get through this without your love. I feel spoiled at times because of how many letters and emails I have gotten from everyone. It really makes me feel loved. I know that I have had so much support and that is what has kept me going through the hard times. I hope that I have been able to represent the Barker name and Christs name in a way that pleases all. And of course I'm happy to represent  the Alamo 2nd ward!! 

It's definitely bittersweet to be saying goodbye to one life and saying hello to another. Just another transfer though right? As I sit and think about past year and a half, it has given me every emotion you can imagine. But the biggest emotion that I have felt is love. Love is the base of everything. Without love, nothing in this world would happen. So again, thank you for your love. 

Alright if I keep going I'll just start crying here at the computer and that's not really what I want (because then I can't see the screen and it just all becomes a big mess). I thought I'd just remind you of some good times this last year and then maybe you all can reflect on your year as well.

-pepper spray in the face (that's a good one)
-Speaking spanish like a boss!
-baptisms and changing lives one area at a time
-companions (both good and not so good)
-too many emails to respond to
-bed bugs (that's a good one too)
-learning more about myself than I ever thought possible
-coming to know my Savior and what that really means
-growing a real testimony of the gospel
-LOVING THE PEOPLE OF SPAIN
-and of course all the not so tasty food

It's been on crazy year! see you soon!!

Adios EspaƱa...Hello California
con amor,
(for the last time) Hermana Barker


We had a girls party with some of the Beehive girls in class so that we could invite Enya (an investigator) to meet some of the girls. we danced and sang and ate a lot of candy! It was really fun!

Ivonne and her family.  They fed us every week.  Their daughters obviously did not want their picture taken.

And a great surprise!!! This Sunday right before sacrament meeting in walked Eduardo from Tarragona with my mini missionary Hermana Caicedo!!! It ws soooo fun to see them and they got to stay a little and we got to catch up. It was a great last surprise. Thanks to them for coming to see me and making it a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment